The Simrad ES80 is the fifth generation professional split beam fish finder for the world wide fishing community.
The latest innovations in computer and signal processing technology are used to create a sophisticated, but also intuitive, echo sounder. It can operate with operational frequencies ranging from 10 to 500 kHz. With a suitable transducer, the ES80 can use frequency sweeps (“chirps”) across a range of frequencies.
Key features are:
• Split beam operation
• FM (linear) and CW pulse forms
• Large dynamic range
• Low self noise
• High ping rate
• Simultaneous transmission of all frequencies
• Several transceivers can run simultaneously
• Wide band frequency sweep (“chirp”) in combination with advanced signal processing gives an exceptionally good echo quality
• Define and save your own user settings
• Easy operation with intuitive user interface
• Clear and easily comprehensive echo data
This screen capture shows the Simrad ES80 set up for a close inspection of fish close to the bottom. A small school is placed in the zoom window. The capture is kindly provided by Aegean Electronics, Greece.