The Simrad SN90 introduces an efficient tool for purse seiners and trawlers.
On a trawler, the forward looking transducer is mounted on the vessel’s bow, well protected against acoustic noise from hull, machinery and propellers. The high resolution and long range allows you to detect and investigate single fish and schools – even those close to the bottom – from a distance of several hundred meters.
On a purse seiner, the side looking transducer gives you full control over the setting of the seine. There is no need to retract the transducer using a large hull unit. A large horizontal coverage area provides you with the full overview.
• Up to 160 degrees horizontal coverage
• Up to 60 degrees vertical coverage
• Five separate inspection beam
• 0 to 60 degrees tilt
• Operational frequency band from 70 to 120 kHz
• Narrow vertical beam
• Hyperbolic FM transmissions (“Chirp”)
• Wide bandwidth
• Large dynamic range
• High resolution
• Stabilized beams
• Easy operation
• Store and replay raw sonar data
• Define and save your own user settings
• Cost efficient solution